Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems. RRWS needs to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the US that works with all levels of the government. The Service Technician position is one of our most physically demanding jobs. The Service Technician assists drivers with providing safe, courteous, and complete waste collection service. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-2000 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 300-2000 times per day. Service Technicians are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Operate packing mechanism and various lever/handles on truck to activate lifting/loading mechanism.
- Provide waste or recycling collection services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling carts/containers into truck.
- Replace trash/recycling carts/containers neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Assist Driver in safely backing up the truck by directing the Driver from outside the truck.
- May assist in unloading or cleaning truck.
- Clean up waste spills and overflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successful complete the pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Daily rate is commensurate with experience
- RRWS paid 100 % for the employee on the following insurance benefits
- Medical Plans
- High Deductible Health Plan (H.S.A.)
- Dental Plan
- Vision (Exam is Paid by Employer)
- Optional Buy Up for frames, lens, etc.
- Medical Plans
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 50¢ to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company