Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems. RRWS needs to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the US that works with all levels of the government. Mechanic helper is responsible for performing semiskilled tasks in the servicing, maintenance and repair of heavy automotive equipment. Assists a Heavy Truck Mechanic on complex repair jobs. However, the employee is expected to perform routine daily tasks independently. Supervision is received from a Heavy Truck Mechanic or Supervisor, and work is checked through inspection and through the performance of the equipment serviced.
- Services and changes oil in a variety of heavy equipment and trucks
- Performs minor repairs and replacement work, adjusting points, cleaning and replacing spark plugs
- Assists Heavy Equipment Mechanics in lowering or lifting heavy parts in removing or installing automotive equipment
- Removes defective parts, such as starters, generators, water pumps, and radiators
- Cleans and changes filters and maintenance equipment. Checks compressors, radiators and radiator hoses. Performs general service on all types of heavy-duty equipment. Dismantles equipment for repairs. Gives semiskilled mechanical assistance in all areas of automotive repair
- Changes tires and repairs flats on a variety of heavy automotive equipment
- Operates service truck to make minor repairs, change or add tires, batteries and gasoline
- Assists in removing engines and other assemblies and dismantles for overhaul or replacement
- Assists in automotive body-work and preparing equipment for painting
- Grease and lubricate trucks and other heavy equipment
- Use assorted hand tools, heavy impact air wrench, computer and other related equipment.
- Performs other related work as required
- Considerable knowledge of the less complex mechanical parts of automotive equipment
- Considerable knowledge of the standard tools, materials, and practices of the mechanical trades
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Must have own tools
- Must use Safety Equipment; Glasses/Gloves
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out simple oral and written instructions
- Ability to keep simple records
- Skill in the care and use of required tools and equipment
- Mechanical aptitude, coordination and dexterity
- Good physical condition
- Graduation from high school, GED or vocational school
- Some (6 months – 2 years) experience in semiskilled work in automotive repair and maintenance at a garage
- Possession of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) or higher is preferred
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally noisy. Work is frequently performed inside and around hazardous machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to high temperature, fumes, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, squat, knee, balance, and use hand to finger, feel or operate objects. Occasionally, heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) is required. Driving motor vehicles and heavy equipment is occasionally required. Climbing stairs and ladders is occasionally required. Hand and eye coordination are necessary to operate equipment. Specific visual abilities required of this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience*
- RRWS paid 100% for the employee on the following insurance benefits
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision (Exam is Paid by Employer)
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 50¢ to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company