Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems. RRWS needs to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the US that works with all levels of the government. Dispatchers are responsible for communicating with drivers to ensure customers are provided prompt service in a safe and efficient manner. This position receives and responds to customer calls regarding service requests and/or issues and inputs information into a computer. Dispatchers ensure routes are complete and assist with resolving customer issues and missed stops. The hours and physical demand may vary.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner and in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Effectively dispatch work orders to drivers via radio or phone to customers’ sites to provide service to customers.
- Receive incoming calls from customers, customer service and sales departments, and handle each with appropriate communication and action.
- Monitor driver hours in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service, pick-up and/or delivery issues.
- Assist management with the daily activities of route drivers.
- Ensure routes are completed by assigned driver.
- Dispatch work orders and perform data entry into computer system.
- Monitor drivers through Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) system.
- Act as an emergency contact for drivers and communicate with maintenance department for driver issues.
- Manage missed stops by working cooperatively with customer, drivers and/or office staff to resolve issues.
- Ensure drivers complete paperwork in accordance with DOT regulations and company policy.
- Assist with the resolution of customer service issues.
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing quality and safety standards, and ensuring all compliance goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensure completion of daily routes and ensure that all productivity goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with all employees, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must possess knowledge of service area, ability to read maps and give directions.
- Ability to communicate via radio system in a professional manner.
- Ability to handle a heavy call volume in a professional and efficient manner.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications and Softpak
- Must possess excellent customer service and data entry skills.
- Must possess professional demeanor and telephone etiquette.
- Previous dispatch experience preferred.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Waste industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently, identify issues, make decisions, assist management, and resolve problems.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s).
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals and training.
- Minimum one year experience in office environment.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience*
- RRWS paid 100% for the employee on the following insurance benefits
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision (Exam is Paid by Employer)
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 50¢ to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company