Red River Waste Solutions is a people company that solves waste problems, and we need to add key members to our team. We are a diversified service contract organization throughout the US that works with all levels of the government. The Driver position is one of our most physically demanding jobs. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a landfill site, transfer station or recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-2000 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 300-2000 times per day. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections.
- Provide waste or recycling collection services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying trash/recycling carts/containers into truck and hauling to final disposition facility.
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Replace trash/recycling carts/containers neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean truck inside and out.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Clean up waste spills and overflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (physical exertion, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Light Truck Driver do not require CDL but must have medical certificate.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI’s or DWI’s within the last 3 years.
- No more than 3 violations within the last 3 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment screening.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Quarterly Bonus Pay
- RRWS paid 100 % for the employee on the following insurance benefits
- Medical Plans
- High Deductible Health Plan (H.S.A.)
- Dental Plan
- Vision (Exam is Paid by Employer)
- Optional Buy Up for frames, lens, etc.
- Medical Plans
- 401K and Roth retirement plans; Employer will match 50¢ to your dollar up to 6% on the 401K plan only.
- Paid Holidays
- Promotions within Company